Virtual Clocking Terminal
A virtual clocking terminal allows employees to clock in or out using a PC, smartphone or web-enabled tablet.
Your employees can use their workstation, smartphone or a touchscreen terminal as a virtual clocking machine, to monitor their working hours. They can log their arrival and departure times and calculate their actual working hours by just a single click or touch.
The virtual clocking terminal makes time and attendance management so easy
It doesn’t matter whether your staff are on company premises, working remotely or on an outside assignment, they can still access their personal area remotely via the HR Portal.
All your staff can clock in and out in real-time directly from their personal area via the virtual clocking terminal logging:
- Their actual working time (arrival and departure times)
- Particular assignments (working on-site, delegations, etc.)
- Any time out for breaks
- Their specific activities and cost centres
- If executive staff are on fixed day/hour rates, they can also declare their daily attendance without logging the actual hours or time worked
Using the virtual clocking terminal in declaration mode, staff can also declare their working hours retrospectively from their computer, tablet or smartphone, either:
- In hours (start/finish);
- In duration;
- With or without declaration of the activities performed;
- Executive staff on fixed-rate time contracts can also declare both the hours they have worked together with their (statutory) rest periods.
For users with fluctuating work schedules the virtual clocking terminal delivers greater flexibility and easier adaptability. Depending on the configuration selected, these two modes (real-time or declaration) can be activated separately or together for each employee.
Each employee can also very easily, via the HR Portal, access their detailed personal results and monitor changes to their work time balance, total hours worked, fixed-rate days or hours, etc.
PC-based clocking terminal is an HR innovation
Choosing a time and attendance management solution that includes a PC-based clocking terminal is a quantum leap from the old-style clocking systems.
- Economy: the virtual clocking terminal is installed directly on your web-enabled device, either in addition to or instead of any physical clocking terminals
- Speed:, You can also gain time in setting up the clocking system within your organisation, by avoiding the work involved in installing physical clocking machines
- Practicality: just a single platform for all of your staff
- Simplicity: no badge or token management to worry about
- Intuitiveness: it provides a very user-friendly clocking terminal interface which is designed for easy use with no training required
- Universality: can also be used on touchscreen terminals, web-enabled tablets and smartphones
- Innovation: available as SaaS (Software as a Service) so more cost effective and no need for software servicing or maintenance
Mobile staff can clock in easily using their smartphone or tablet
If your staff work outside the company occasionally or permanently, they can access the HR Portal on their tablet or smartphone with Kelio Time & Attendance management software to:
- Clock their working hours and notify their attendance in real time
- Declare the time spent on specific activities, jobs or cost centres
- Manage their leave: consult leave/vacation time record, request leave and approval of leave requests
- At any time, view the credit/debit balance of their working hours
Clocking in via smartphone or tablet directly into the Kelio software is a more reliable way to record your staff attendance time. The software also allows geolocation of the clocking-in/out of mobile staff to check that their declarations are accurate.
By site-based and mobile staff both having the same functionality standardises the treatment of your employees, ensuring fair treatment across your organisation.
Why should you choose a Kelio virtual clocking machine?
- Staff can clock-in/out either in real time or in declaration mode
- Clocking can be carried out on PC, tablet or smartphone
- Personal information and real time results are always available, in a simple and easy-to-view format
- Software available in SaaS mode