Absence and Leave Management
Simplify management of staff leave and absence with the Kelio solution
Monitoring and managing leave allowance, validating accounts, ensuring compliance with legislation and declaration requirements are very time-consuming tasks for HR departments
Recording staff leave and absences?
Staff are absent from work for many reasons including sickness, workplace accidents, occupational illness, maternity, delegation, on-site assignment, external assignment, family issues, medical appointment, etc. and the process must be meticulously managed.
Whatever the reason, each absence requires particular control and monitoring. These can include, but are not limited to, specific hours, working, business or calendar days, the duration of absence, return to work conditions, supporting documentation, and so on...
The Kelio solution encompasses all collective agreements and practices in place within individual organisations. It records absences accurately and verifies calculations.
All absence data is presented in a dependable format so it’s easy for processing by payroll and incorporation in your mandatory declaration.
Leave and absence request processes are digitised
With the Kelio software solution, leave request management can be decentralised for greater efficiency and allows for:
- Recording of individual employees' needs
- Validating workflows
- Inclusion of regulatory and organisational checks and controls
- Full visibility of all results together with the impact on schedules
Staff and managers can all engage in the process so the HR department does not have to spend time duplicating data input, which can result in errors.
For staff, the interface can be used to:
- Submission of online requests via touchscreen terminals, their workstation, web-enabled tablet or smartphone
- Viewing leave balances before submitting a request
- Being aware of absent employees in their department or work group
- Receiving notifications of approval or any changes to their request
For managers, the application can be used to:
- Monitoring and processing absence requests from their teams
- Viewing leave schedules for their team and any absenteeism trends
- Treating absence requests fairly, consistent with workload targets and schedules
- Being kept informed in real-time of any unforeseen absence so they can respond immediately
Customising validation workflows
To manage leave requests effectively requires validation pathways specific to your organisation. With Kelio you can:
- Manage one or more tiered validation levels sequentially or in parallel
- Manage different validation pathways depending on the reasons for absence
- Define substitute validators manually or automatically to avoid blocking the validation pathway should supervisors be absent
- Carry out validations either individually or in groups
Real-time monitoring of leave and absence management
Managers have full visibility in real-time of collective absence planning and their rights with Kelio.
Kelio synchronises all leave and absence events with Microsoft Outlook®, Google Calendar® and Lotus Notes® calendars so it integrates seamlessly within your IT system. It’s the perfect solution for ensuring shared calendars reflect each individual’s availability in real time.
The Kelio Planning module also allows full synchronisation. You can identify the various leave requests that have been validated or are pending validation or deletion in graphical form in your planning grids. To allow you to adjust your staffing levels in real time, you can also view the number of absent employees by day, by reason for absence and, if relevant, by work post.
All your data can be sent directly to payroll
The Kelio software is compatible with over 150 payroll applications, so you can input absence events automatically without having to re-input data so there is no risk of errors in production of pay slips or synchronisation of mandatory declarations. The integrated reporting functions offered by Kelio can produce individual and collective leave statistics for decision-making purposes.
It’s never been easier to produce leave breakdown summaries by reason of absence, employee or department.PLAN A CUSTOMISED DEMONSTRATION
Managing external assignments
If an employee leaves the company premises to perform an external assignment, it’s important that the absence is logged without being deducted from the working time. Similarly, if staff take hours off for relevant activities, they must be identified and counted as working time and not processed as absences. You can regulate these practices using the various options provided by the Kelio solution.
The self-service page allows staff to declare external assignments or clock directly on touchscreen terminals within the organisation. These mechanisms support staff by giving them accurate information about their accounts and allowances. They also enable the organisation to comply fully with its responsibilities in the event of any incidents that might occur during an assignment.ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS FEATURE? CONTACT US
Why choose Kelio for my leave management?
- It allows full decentralisation of leave requests
- You can view estimated leave balances
- It calculates leave allowances automatically
- Managers can validate leave requests, individually and in group mode
- It provides overall absence visibility within a department in real time
- Management of validation workflows is greatly simplified
- Absenteeism data can be easily transferred to payroll and mandatory declarations